Re: Push or simulate a Alt+Tab event to keyboard

Hi Dario,

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 12:41 PM Dario Lesca <d lesca solinos it> wrote:

Il giorno mar, 03/03/2020 alle 12.06 +0100, Felipe Borges ha scritto:

Instead of emulating the key-press events, you could attempt to call

the switcher directly.

Check how GNOME Shell constructs the AppSwitcherPopup and use it

directly in your extension.

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-shell/-/blob/master/js/ui/windowManager.js#L1986

That seems to be instantiated in Main.wm._startSwitcher.

Thanks Felipe for reply, but I'm not a programmer.

I have take a "Hello Word" example extension and I try to understand how to modify it, but it's difficulty
for me

No worries. I am glad you are trying.

I wrote here https://gitlab.gnome.org/snippets/1033 a snippet showing
how to present the Alt+Tab dialog when pressing a button in the
topbar. I hope it helps you get started.

Cheers,
Felipe.

I shall be glade If you can explain me in detail how to I can do this job

Let me know, if you can.

Many thanks

--

Dario Lesca
(inviato dal mio Linux Fedora 31 Workstation)