Re: Finding JavaScript symbols from GObject Introspection bindings

hi;

On 5 May 2014 13:56, Jon Kristensen <info jonkri com> wrote:

I look forward to seeing the API references. Will there be an
announcement on this list, or should I subscribe to some other channel?

pretty sure we'll announce far and wide when that happens. :-)

And about the specific problem... Is there some way that I can "copy" a
string to the current/main clipboard, so that it can be pasted later (in
another program), using the current JavaScript API?

I don't think so, no.

When I try to use `clipboard.set_text' (after having initialized
clipboard with `new Gtk.Clipboard()'), I get an error saying "Widget not
within a GTK window".

I am afraid you cannot create a GtkClipboard instance by yourself: the
API that provides you with one does more than just creating an
instance.

most of the clipboard API is pretty bad, and it's really barely
bindable (with or without introspection). we're in the process or
rewriting it for the Wayland porting effort, so you can expect a
better API, hopefully soon.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.