How to configure the search path for typelibs?

Hi gjs-experts,

currently I dive into the topic of gobject-introspection and its use in JavaScript. So far I have been able to add introspection support to my sample GObject demo application and created .gir and .typelib files. Now I would like to call my demo object from gjs. The typelib file had been installed to a test install path (lets assume it is /home/user_name/opt/mydemo/lib/girepository-1.0/Demo-0.1.0.typelib). Is there any environment variable or option for gjs to make this typelib path known to GJS so that a statement "const Demo = imports.gi.Demo;" would work within gjs?

Regards,
Thomas