Re: [HIG] [Fwd: 'Improving GNOME 2.0 for Humans' Review Notes]

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> This is not correct, the Macintosh uses sentence caps for labels,
> title caps for menu items and buttons (and always has as far as I
> know). I don't know what Windows does, but the way the mac does it
> looks good.

You're right, and Windows does the same, and that's actually what I've
written in the current Capitalization guidelines for the draft HIG.  I
guess Chip just got his sources wrong, although the example he gave
suggests he really does prefer title case for those things.

I guess that's one we'll just have to tell him we agreed to disagree on,
unless there's a strong following for his preference among the rest of
the HIG team.

Cheeri,
Calum.