Re: [HIG] Getting recommendations back to developers

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 10:41:19AM +0100, Calum Benson wrote:

> I guess one difference is that fixing a usability bug almost always
> affects the documentation, which is something that's worrying the docs
> team as they're pushing for an early GUI freeze to allow the docs to be
> frozen (and, in Sun's case, translated into the 10 different languages
> we require).
>
> As you say, though, developers are more likely to fix functionality bugs
> first and leave the usability bugs until last, so there's a bit of a
> conflict of interest there.  Even with the best education process in the
> world it's hard to imagine we'll ever be able to change that around very
> much, at least on those projects where there are only a couple of people
> working on it at any one time.  Ho-hum...

One advantage we have in a project like GNOME, though, is that if we
think something needs to be fixed (usability or anything else) we can
submit a patch, and if it seems useful, the busy developer is likely
to be happy for the help.

Cheers,
--
John Fleck