[HIG] Getting recommendations back to developers

I know this is a wider-than-HIG issue, but maybe it's a good place to
start.  How do we intend to get usability suggestions (such as fixes to
correct breaches of our guidelines) back to app maintainers?  Havoc's
RFP process was suggested as one possibility, and that may be valid for
larger changes.

However, the documentation team here have just mentioned to me that they
often come across inconsistent terminology and suchlike in apps that
needs fixing, and the RFP process sounds like it would be overkill for
those sorts of things.  Equally, if they go into bugzilla as "usability"
bugs, they could be all-too-easily ignored without the unspoken menace
of the GNOME Usability Team behind them  :o)

Any suggestions?

Cheeri,
Calum.