Re: [HIG] Getting recommendations back to developers

At 4:44 PM +0100 8/15/01, Calum Benson wrote:
I know this is a wider-than-HIG issue, but maybe it's a good place to
start.  How do we intend to get usability suggestions (such as fixes to
correct breaches of our guidelines) back to app maintainers?  Havoc's
RFP process was suggested as one possibility, and that may be valid for
larger changes.
However, the documentation team here have just mentioned to me that they
often come across inconsistent terminology and suchlike in apps that
needs fixing, and the RFP process sounds like it would be overkill for
those sorts of things.  Equally, if they go into bugzilla as "usability"
bugs, they could be all-too-easily ignored without the unspoken menace
of the GNOME Usability Team behind them  :o)

My gut instinct is that bugzilla really is the right way to handle these kinds of issues. There is definitely a process through which we need to go of educating developers as to _why_ usability is important and why they shouldn't simply ignore these kinds of bugs; I think that integrating usability bugs into the normal bug-tracking for the applications will be an important part of that, though.

Adam