Re: [HIG] Mini-Guidelines content

On 07 Aug 2001 11:22:03 +0100, Calum Benson wrote:
> colin z robertson wrote:
> >

> > Some parts of it are very odd. I haven't heard anyone other than
> > myself or my father speak of the "Return" key since I stopped using
> > the old BBC, yet here it is, resurrected. Has it been lingering on
> > UNIX workstations?
>
> Yep, it's never gone away-- all the keyboards I can see from here
> (including some old PC ones) have Return on the main keyboard, and Enter
> on the keypad...
>
> Cheeri,
> Calum.

And I've used at least one application where the distinction mattered.
Given the variety of keyboards and the troubles that have been mentioned
it seems more important to have a documentation system that integrates
with the keybindings or at least the available keymap. I don't know how
this could be done nor how remote apps would interact.

Cheers,
Greg Merchan
(auspex)