Re: Create Report

El vie, 29-02-2008 a las 21:11 -0300, Claudio Saavedra escribió:
> One way to do it could be to store all the relevant data in the
> admin's
> mailboxes model. Then, you can associate that model to the treeview in
> the reports dialog and use a GtkTreeModelFilter to filter according to
> the criterion selected.

I don't sure if the GtkTreeView in the report dialog is necessary any
more. We can add more criterion like if want the real information
(taking into account is a process "pretty slow") or prefer the data more
faster (but is outdate)

> The disadvantage of this approach is that the information in the model
> can get easily outdated if there are changes in the server. Also,
> pretty slow.

Actually I did the test to print with 8000 mailbox and only take 30 seg
in make a report.

> Something that should be improved as well: if there's any need to load
> data from the server in this dialog, then it should be done
> asynchronously.

I completely agree
--
Francisco Rojas <frojas alumnos utalca cl>