Re: Create Report

Hi Francisco,

Thanks for working on this.

El vie, 29-02-2008 a las 19:55 -0300, Francisco Rojas escribió:
> For the gyrus-python version the report dialog should be the same that
> trunk version?

I think it should be better. As you list below, there are several
criteria that could make it way more useful.

> -the report dialog from the trunk version is ugly

If you want to work on it, I suggest you to follow the GNOME Human
Interface Guidelines:

  http://library.gnome.org/devel/hig-book/stable/

I'd suggest you to do some mockups with glade and post the screenshots
in a bug report, so that we can discuss it there.

> -we could filter the mail box with multi-criteria

I think that the user should be at least able to choose a different
criterion than "over x% quota mailboxes". Multiple criteria is an
option, but I'd personally be happy with

> -I don't very sure how filter the mail-box ... any suggestion ??

One way to do it could be to store all the relevant data in the admin's
mailboxes model. Then, you can associate that model to the treeview in
the reports dialog and use a GtkTreeModelFilter to filter according to
the criterion selected.

The disadvantage of this approach is that the information in the model
can get easily outdated if there are changes in the server. Also,
pretty slow.

Something that should be improved as well: if there's any need to load
data from the server in this dialog, then it should be done
asynchronously.

Regards,

Claudio

--
Claudio Saavedra <csaavedra alumnos utalca cl>