Re: Gvfs and Server-side SMB copy

On Fri, 4 Nov 2016 14:21:25 -0700, Jeremy Allison <jra samba org>
wrote :
Which available software is currently calling this SMBC_splice_ctx ?

Nothing right now. Let's update gvfs to do so !

Is it also valid for Windows and Mac platform ?
I think that I have read somewhere that Windows and Mac could
trigger this server-side copy, but I am not sure.

Yes, but Windows and Mac have their own clients,
they don't use libsmbclient. So they may or may
not use the on-the-wire call to do this, depending
on how they're written (I know Windows does this).

Ok for Windows, it is clear that is working.
For Mac, information are sparse about it.
But this link seems to confirm that it is also working:
https://developer.apple.com/library/content/releasenotes/HardwareDrivers/RN-SMB/

Now only gvfs is missing ! ;-)

No more questions, thanks very much for all the explanations !