Re: Gvfs and Server-side SMB copy

On Fri, Nov 04, 2016 at 10:11:17PM +0100, Saint Germain wrote:

Thanks for the explanation, indeed I misunderstood.
So any software using libsmbclient should call SMBC_splice_ctx in order
to trigger the server-side copy ?

Yep.

Which available software is currently calling this SMBC_splice_ctx ?

Nothing right now. Let's update gvfs to do so !

Is it also valid for Windows and Mac platform ?
I think that I have read somewhere that Windows and Mac could trigger
this server-side copy, but I am not sure.

Yes, but Windows and Mac have their own clients,
they don't use libsmbclient. So they may or may
not use the on-the-wire call to do this, depending
on how they're written (I know Windows does this).