Re: "Operation not supported" using EncFS over WebDAV gvfs-mount

Unfortunately GIO is not POSIX-compatible and thus some operations are
not possible over FUSE, see following commit message:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gvfs/commit/?id=548ba46c2ba51c4ec5b0dd8442b476f3a2a7000b

First of all, thanks for your help.

Given that comment, I think stating that "GIO is not POSIX-compatible" is a vast understatement. Lots of software will just not work properly.

Did I miss some obvious warning about that? I would argue that, if GIO mounts something over FUSE, most people would expect it to work well in normal scenarios. If some weird permission issue arises, no one would be surprised, but if such basic functionality is missing, that would be a surprise, right?

If I need to use gvfs-copy instead of cp to be sure, then I do not need to mount anything over FUSE!

I actually want to mount an encrypted filesystem like EncFS over a gvfs-mount WebDAV mount, but from your answer, it seems that this is not possible. If this is a GIO limitation, I take it that it wouldn't work either for any other mounting protocols like SMB or SSH, would it?

Regards,
  rdiez