Re: [guppi-list] strip charts

> On Sat, 07 Sep 2002 23:11:01 -0700
> Steven Jenkins <steven jenkins ieee org> wrote:
> > I am very familiar with Unix but not with X Windows or any UI
> > technology. From my reading and testing it appears that I can easily do
> > everything I need to do with the Gnome Canvas except possibly panning
> > the display. (In case it's not clear, I make these pseudo-strip-charts
> > by sliding the rightmost rectangle of the chart to the left, and then
> > plotting the most recent data at the right edge of the chart.)
> > I suspect this is also possible with Canvas, but I don't see now to do
> > it. It also seems that I could do it with GDK. That might even make more
> > sense, as there is no user interaction with the graphical display. I
> > can't find any good documentation on GDK, however.

If you are looking for widgets taht can be embedded in some code,
then look at

http://gstripchart.sourceforge.net

which is a set of strip-chart management widgets build on top of
gtkplot.

features:
-- multiple limit lines
-- multiple scrollable cursors
-- pan, zoom  etc.

Linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas linas org>