Re: [guppi-list] problem with gnome-print

On 11 Jun 2001 21:32:42 -0500, Jon Trowbridge wrote:
> On 11 Jun 2001 21:17:08 -0500, Bill Gribble wrote:
> > I saw something similar for a while in GtkHTML.  The problem ended up
> > being with libgal, which provides a lot of the font-related support
> > for gtkhtml, gnome-print, and other libs.  Make sure you have a recent
> > libgal.
>
> Actually, both gnome-print and guppi are independent of GAL.
>
> GAL does contain a lot of font related stuff that is used by Evolution
> (& Gnumeric, I think), but it is mostly just wrappers that hide various
> bits of X-font-brokenness, and will be ultimately subsumed by improved
> font-handling in gnome-print.
>
> It definitely does sounds like a font problem, though.
>
> -JT

Interesting.  After Bill mentioned gal I checked and gal wasn't
installed anyway.  Odd, since I thought gnome apps needed GAL.

If it is a font problem shouldn't there be similar problems with other
gnome apps?  What other apps use gnome-print that I could test?  I have
AbiWord installed and can print out of it just fine.  Dia works just
fine.  Just thinking out loud.

Tim