[guppi-list] problem with gnome-print

I have a corrupt gnome-print installation.  I know.  But I don't know
how to fix it.

I've tried reinstalling the gnome-print packages 5 times: 3 times by
reinstalling over top of the corrupt installation; 2 times by completely
reinstalling XG1.4.  Neither of those methods seem to work because I
still can't print from gnumeric or evolution.  Uninstalling gnome-print
isn't feasible due to all the dependencies...it's far easier to
reinstall XG.

I'm asking here because I want to get guppi installed correctly so I can
try out the new features of gnucash.

Any ideas on how to fix gnome-print?

Thanks,
Tim