Re: [guppi-list] Trying to install over redhat 7.0

On Wed, Nov 24, 1999 at 01:19:15PM -0500, David Aronstein wrote:
> If there is no easy way to do this for redhat 7.0 perhaps you could tell me a
> base system for which this will install easily.

Strange... I know that people have installed Guppi over RedHat 7.0 successfully.
But since I don't run RedHat myself, I can't offer much advice.

If you want to switch to "better" (in quotes in a futile attempt to avoid
a distro advocacy thread) base system, try Debian.  I know that Guppi+Debian
coexist nicely, because that is what I develop under.

Guppi is even nicely packaged in Debians unstable branch ("Woody").

My main now is that, after all of this work, seeing Guppi in all of
its unfinished, not-particularly-useable glory will be a big
anti-climax... :-)

-JT