Re: [guppi-list] Trying to install over redhat 7.0

Jon Trowbridge wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 21, 1999 at 01:01:42PM -0500, David Aronstein wrote:
> > I found the .rpm containing the 35.1 release of Guppi and tried to
> > install it.  rpm proclaimed that I was missing libbonobo, libgnomeprint
> > and liboaf.  I have been unable to find rpm versions of these
> > libraries.
>
> You might want to try Ximian GNOME:
>
> http://www.ximian.com/desktop/download.php3
>
> -JT

JT:

I went to ximian as suggested and downloaded the most recent stuff for redhat
7.0
installation.  Many hours later gnome declared itself installed.  When I
tried to install the Guppi rpm it says I am missing libbonobo, and liboaf.  I
tried again to take the libs from a debian distribution.  I forced the rpm to
install guppi without checking the dependencies.  When guppi ran I got an
error relating to a link to a function in liboaf, though I can't remember the
function name.  The liboaf which I got was from the unstable area at debian,
same as for where I got libbonobo.

If there is no easy way to do this for redhat 7.0 perhaps you could tell me a
base system for which this will install easily.  I'm just loading a new
computer so I don't really care whether it runs debian, redhat, suse or
whatever.

Thanks,
DA