Re: [guppi-list] New Guppi Snapshot

Thus spake Rob Browning (rlb@cs.utexas.edu) :

> Jon Trowbridge <trow@emccta.com> writes:
>
> > It may be beyond the scope of what you want to do with g-wrap, but
> > I'd need to have support for generating python bindings.  Ideally,
> > it would then later grow to support bindings for other embeddable
> > scripting alternatives like perl and gnome-basic.
>
> I'd be happy with that.  It's been something "planned" for g-wrap for
> a while, but as yet, no-one's implemented anything.

I don't really know anything about Guile other than what I've learned turning
the guile bindings for guppi into Python bindings (I adjusted James
Henstridge's wrapper generators for PyGTK), but what are the problems with
SWIG?

Was it the problem of dealing with complex datatypes and arrays? You
didn't like the interface files? It sounds like what you're describing is
another version of SWIG, which I'm sure it's not, but I'm curious what the
problems were and the differences are.

Andrew

--
Andrew Chatham