Re: gupnp and python

On Sa, 2013-06-01 at 19:53 +0100, Andrzej Bieniek wrote:
On 09/02/13 00:15, Andrzej Bieniek wrote:
There are two patches [1][2] I had apply to get gupnp partially working
with python, see examples in [3]. I was able to send UPnP commands, but
unable to read any status/values (due to segfault workaround in second
patch).
[..]

Is there a known configuration where gupnp works with python?
[..]

[1]
https://github.com/andyhelp/pkg-gupnp/blob/master/debian/patches/0001-python_fix_functions_with_gerror_param.patch

[2]
https://github.com/andyhelp/pkg-gupnp/blob/master/debian/patches/0002-workaround_crash_due_to_not_valid_out_hash_param.patch

[3] https://github.com/andyhelp/gupnp-python

Finally it works. Only updated patch [1] is required.
Tested with DMC demo [4] that reads volume and configures DMR for playback.

$ python demo-dmc.py --dmr-udn <udn> --url <url>

[4] https://github.com/andyhelp/gupnp-python/blob/master/demo-dmc.py

Thanks. Please note that using the hash functions might make your code
incompatible with some DLNA-compliant renderers since it doesn't keep
argument order.