Re: [gugmasters] Redeem goodies for your GNOME 3.0 launch party

On 02/11/2011 03:22 AM, Diego Escalante Urrelo wrote:
Hi Pockey

I think for Lima it's much cheaper and easier to just produce goodies
locally, I'll contact you with details, but likely we'll propose
something with a budget of around 100USD. That buys us a lot of stuff.

See ya
Dear Diego,

I hope you realize that if everybody ask for $100, it will cost the GNOME Foundation $100 plus $20 to $40 (transfer fee) per party which amounts to $12K to $14K . That's more than double of our current cost.

Now I am not deciding on behalf of the GNOME Foundation, we are a community, we should do what's best to save cost.

For sure, in some countries, we may go for local production if there is a financial advantage (provided that there is a volunteer to take care of the production) e.g. in India , it makes sense because we have 20 parties there.

Pockey