Re: going live with the registration site

Question: Is this the correct site to become a GNOME member? -> http://www.gnome.org/friends/

Question: Koen, how does it make you feel to finally open registration for the attendees? And, what would you like to say to the people who might want to attend? (I need a nice 'money quote' for the release..)

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Koen Martens <gmc sonologic nl> wrote:
Hi William,

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 11:25:07AM +0200, William from Texas wrote:
> I can have a press release written up this afternoon. I don't know about
> length restrictions (ie, twitter), maybe I'll do a couple different versions
> of the same thing. Who is registered on all the release sources??

I think one announcement for the website, which gets pushed to planet.gnome.org
automagically. We will also post that same piece to the announce mailing list,
which doesn't require special privileges (you just send to gnome-announce-list gnome org
and wait for the moderator to approve it). Also to guadec-list of course.

On identi.ca/twitter, basically a short notice 'registration now open' and then
a bit.ly url to the registration site and/or announcement...

> To clarify: registration will be for those who want to attend GUADEC.
> Registration will be on 3 different levels. Slots are not limited, but
> registration closes on (date?).

Actually, there will be four levels:

EUR 0 - hobbyist/student
EUR 75 - foundation members, get a free shirt
EUR 100 - normal, get a free shirt
EUR 250 - professional, get a free shirt + access to professionals reception

People can also register for the pre-conference, which we should
mention.

Registration closes july 5th, 23:59 CET.

Have a look at https://register.guadec.org/bla.php, it's not finished i'm dotting
the i's in the coming hours. The registration url will be https://register.guadec.org/
when we're live.

Any more questions, just mail/call/tweet/sms/fax !

> ps - is this appropriate for the new 'guadec-web-list'?

Yes, it would be i think..

Gr,

Koen