[guadec-local] Minutes from meeting 150115

GUADEC meeting 150115

Skyman chair
Andreas secretary

Agenda:
* Sponsorship brochure coordination
* Venue
* Dates
* Website status update
* Wiki stuff
* Review action items

* Review action items from last meeting..
Andreas to talk to Patrick re registration system
Andreas N to talk to Collaboratory

* Review action items

Andreas S to talk to Studiefrämjandet
Fabiana sent brochure to the board. Approved
Kalev to talk to Chalmers re
Oliver to migrate wiki. Done

* Sponsorship brochure coordination
GNOME Asia. GNOME.Asia suggested 15%. 20% is suggested...
We're really late with the brochure...
Todo: Andreas N to send brochure to the GNOME.Asia team.

Mattias to talk to Skatteverket regarding if we need an official
organization or company

* Venue

Humanisten
We will only know in March if we can get it.

Frilagret
Free. Small. Impossible to use by itself.
Is it still avaiable for us? Need to check this.

Folkets hus
Good, but costs. Need to check with the board if they are able to take
the cost.

Folkets hus + Frilagret.
Cheaper than folkets hus only. Buildings are a bit apart, and a
construction is going on.

We need to calculate the different options and get approval from the
board.
22-30K depending on options.

One idea is 3 days of talks and then spread out the BOFs across
locations in the city.
We don't want to pay for venue for BOFs.

* Dates
We need to decide before fosdem ideally.
Frilagret - only until midsummer, or september
Folkets hus - only until midsummer or August
Humanisten - when are they renovating?

First or second week of August is an appropiate guess. Between the 1-15,
possibly 7-9 (fri-sun)
TODO: Andreas N, contact frilagret. Is aug OK?

* Website status update
it is up on guadec.org
it is time for call for papers. We need to decide on a papers system.

* Wiki stuff

Next meeting
Proposed date for next meeting is Wednesday the 28th.