Re: [guadec-local] GUADEC Volunteer meeting 1st July (the Hague)

Dear all,

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to the meeting, as I have a promotion of a friend that day. For this reason, I won't be able to make it on IRC either. I wish you a good meeting, and I'm really happy that you are involved with making GUADEC a succes. There's a lot of engergy being put in, and The article in Computable was a first sign they start to see the relevance of this conference and the community behind it. We eagerly await Neelie Kroes' video which should be due shortly (beginning of july, I have been told). In the meantime rest assured I will hassle all reporters I can find :-)

here's another article: http://www.janstedehouder.nl/2010/06/26/gnome-open-desktop-day-26-juli-2010/ It's more about the desktop day. Please don't interpret it as an ego thing since I'm heavily involved with this. It's goal is ultimately to create attention for the conference, GNOME and opensource in general.

Best,
Sanne

Sanne te Meerman schreef: