Re: [guadec-local] restaurant recommendations?

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 10:59:31PM +0200, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
> Op donderdag 15-07-2010 om 22:26 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Andy
> Wingo:
> > I'm finishing up some organizational bits for a mail to send out to GNU
> > Hackers Meeting participants, some 40 of them or so, and I could really
> > use your help in food matters.
> >
> > On Friday (the 23rd, mind you) we need somewhere for about 30 people to
> > eat dinner. Not too expensive, and we should make a reservation.
>
> You could try somewhere around The Hague's own Chinatown:
> http://www.chinatown-denhaag.com/Uiteten/tabid/127/language/en-US/Default.aspx
> It's not too far away from the venue (shouldn't be more than a 15 minute
> walk).

Do note that the venue for GHM is the hackerspace, and not the HHS.

Indeed, surrounding the hackerspace are surprisingly little restaurants.

There's a lunchroom down the street, called 'grand cafe binckhorst', at
Binchorstlaan 143 (the hackerspace is on nr 172). I've never been there
actually.

If you're into that sort of thing, MacDonalds is right across the street.

There is a gas station with a sandwich shop (freshly made) about 100 meters
walking from the hackerspace. I'm quite fond of their sandwiches, but with
30 persons it might be a bit of a wait (as they are freshly made).

Finally there are 2 snackbars not too far away, for french fries and 'kroket'
or 'frikandel'. One of them is a bit, well, characteristic and serves
various complete meals as well (it is called 'snackcar de trekvliet').

Apart from that, there is the area around Den Haag Central Station, which is
not to far a walk (10-15 minutes) and:

> There's also the "Avenue Culinaire" a.k.a. Bierkade / Dunne Bierkade.
> Plenty of choice there:
> http://www.avenueculinairedenhaag.nl/enternl.html

Which is also relatively close by.

Gr,