Re: [guadec-local] restaurant recommendations?

Op donderdag 15-07-2010 om 22:26 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Andy
Wingo:

> I'm finishing up some organizational bits for a mail to send out to GNU
> Hackers Meeting participants, some 40 of them or so, and I could really
> use your help in food matters.
>
> On Friday (the 23rd, mind you) we need somewhere for about 30 people to
> eat dinner. Not too expensive, and we should make a reservation.

You could try somewhere around The Hague's own Chinatown:
http://www.chinatown-denhaag.com/Uiteten/tabid/127/language/en-US/Default.aspx
It's not too far away from the venue (shouldn't be more than a 15 minute
walk).

There's also the "Avenue Culinaire" a.k.a. Bierkade / Dunne Bierkade.
Plenty of choice there:
http://www.avenueculinairedenhaag.nl/enternl.html

> Saturday we can probably make up plans as we go along, but we should
> mention some lunch places in a mail to participants for logistics
> purposes, and have dinner options in mind.

For lunch, you could probably succeed in the area around the Plein, Spui
and Central Station where there's lots of places that are frequented by
public servants during weekdays.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen