Re: [guadec-local] Professional GNOME development training at GUADEC

Hi,

Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
>>> Perhaps Stormy has other ideas, but my feeling for the appropriate price
>>> point for this 2 day training course would be in the region of €1500 per
>>> person - €600 per person per day
>> The two numbers don't match.
>
> In general I would think participating two days should be cheaper than
> one.

It was a typo - €1500 per person - which works out at €750 per person
per day.
>> Definitely have group discounts.  And free GUADEC registration for sure.
>
> I recall from ApacheCon that you don't get a free registration when
> you're participating in a training course. Perhaps a discount for early
> registrations would be sufficient. For example, see
> http://eu.apachecon.com/c/aceu2009/about (interesting remark about the
> VAT laws in NL, by the way -- we should check out what that means for
> us).

I agree that there should be a package deal, and training without
conference attendance should be a little less expensive.

See OSCON pricing for an idea of what is common in other conferences:
2 tutorial days = $1145 (but these are bigger tutorials, rather than
personalised training)
OSCON attendance: $1345
OSCON attendance + tutorials: $1990.00 (basic attendance + $650, or
tutorials + $850)

In short, you get a 40% discount on conference attendance if attending
the tutorials. But whether to include free GUADEC attendance in the
training package will depend on the cost of pro attendance, I guess - it
might be a nice way to incentivise attending the training.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary