Re: [guadec-local] Professional GNOME development training at GUADEC

Hi all,

Op dinsdag 12-01-2010 om 18:22 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Behdad
Esfahbod:

> Makes sense.
>
> That said, I like to see some kind of an open market place for providing
> GNOME-endorsed training.  In that case, foundation getting a fixed pay may
> make more sense.

One could also think of different training tracks, provided by different
people or companies.

> > Perhaps Stormy has other ideas, but my feeling for the appropriate price
> > point for this 2 day training course would be in the region of €1500 per
> > person - €600 per person per day
>
> The two numbers don't match.

In general I would think participating two days should be cheaper than
one.

> Definitely have group discounts.  And free GUADEC registration for sure.

I recall from ApacheCon that you don't get a free registration when
you're participating in a training course. Perhaps a discount for early
registrations would be sufficient. For example, see
http://eu.apachecon.com/c/aceu2009/about (interesting remark about the
VAT laws in NL, by the way -- we should check out what that means for
us).

--
Reinout van Schouwen