[guadec-list] Meeting minutes 2019-04-23

https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2019/Meetings/20190423

= Meeting minutes 2019-04-23 19:30 UTC =

== Attending ==

 * Kristi
 * Sebastian
 * Vivia
 * Tom
 * Stathis

== Old action items ==

 * '''ACTION''': None

== Agenda ==

 * Status update for open tasks

== Minutes ==

 * Ticket tiers: Free (limited amount, with code), Student (15€), Hobbyist (35€), Professional (150€),
Corporate (300€)

 * OpenEvent doesn't let us have additional options for food choice or childcare
  * We are discouraged from having people buy ticket at the venue because they have to charge VAT
  * We could have the meal as a separate ticket, maybe only for lowest tiers
  * We can use a Google Form (or something similar) for that purpose.
  * '''ACTION''': Kristi to search for an open source alternative (SurveyMonkey?).
  * '''ACTION''': Tom to add it to the tickets
  * '''ACTION''': Kristi to write down food options in the ticket
  * '''ACTION''': Kristi to ask Neil or Rosanna about API keys for Stripe payment

 * University update
  * Negative answers until now from sponsors.
  * '''ACTION''': Stathis to contact University to let them know that we have our first sponsor, ask about
pharmaceutical companies as sponsors
  * Food: Waiting for the tickets, to see about amount of participants etc. Beer / refreshments requested
  * Social event: Gala in nearby museum or University garden
  * University complained that they're not visible enough on social media etc, but we don't have much content
there at the first place

 * Local GUADEC-specific SIM card needed to put in CoC etc
  * Deferred to July or something: some numbers expire if you don't add money every 3 months or so

 * GUADEC women lunch/dinner (usually sponsored), maybe 20-30 participants?
  * Deferred: Can be done up to something like a week in advance. Vivia has some possible ideas from the
hackfests
  * Best to try to find a place that will offer vegan/ gluten free / etc

 * Day trip
  * We will have a Google form from University about pre-ordering. They are waiting for information from us
to finalise it.
  * Looking at 3 options: Day trip in Thessaloniki, in Chalkidiki, sailboat day. We will decide based on
prices etc when we have that information

 * Design
  * Caroline potentially not available
  * We have some more time, for banner etc we need the final sponsors

 * Update from paper committee
  * ebassi, kristi, and kat only currently. Looking to get more people from the organising team. We should
feel free to email Kristi and ask for access
  * slomo, vivia can also help.
    * '''ACTION''': Kristi to tell ebassi to add them

 * '''ACTION''': CFP announcements are made on the engagement mailing lists, must be promoted more on social
media (Kristi, Tom)