[guadec-list] Meeting minutes 2019-05-20

https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2019/Meetings/20190520

= Meeting minutes 2019-05-20 16:00 UTC =

== Attending ==

 * Kristi
 * Sebastian
 * Tom
 * Kat
 * Ben

== Old action items ==

 * ACTION: Kristi working on ideas for things to do in Thessaloniki (based on bid document) - in progress,
review next week
 * ACTION: Tom/Kat need to ensure that additional fields are in openevent - Kat had a brief look, Tom says to
look at alternative solutions
 * ACTION: Kat and Caroline to work together on the badge design - Pending on a rough event outline
 * ACTION: Stathis to check about accommodation for Keynote speaker (where he'd like to stay, at a hotel or
with everyone else) - either is ok, we need to discuss and make a decision
 * ACTION: Stathis, Vivia: University contract - no updates
 * ACTION: Stathis checking accommodation - sent an email, no reply yet
 * ACTION: Kat (and?) put together a plan for a photo policy and implementation of it - no updates
 * ACTION: Britt to manage photographer - Kristi to put Britt in contact with him - done
 * ACTION: Kat follow up on privacy concerns over public speaker list on openevent - no updates, Kristi to
send info to Kat in PM
 * ACTION: Sponsorship: Kristi to talk to Molly. Either Molly will attend calls or send emails to the private
guadec-organization list - message sent, Molly is waiting for Neil to forward more information to her
 * ACTION: Kristi follow up with Carlos about newcomers dinner - done, Carlos will organise everything
 * ACTION: Sebastian to publish old minutes on https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2019 and send emails - still
more to do, good progress
 * ACTION: Kristi/Sebastian will share with Kat who is on the papers team they put together to merge both
teams - done

== Agenda ==

 * Last week's action items
 * Updates from papers team
 * Email from UOM
 * Telegram channel
 * Time/date for next call

== Minutes ==

 * ACTION: Tom/Kat to discuss alternatives for openevent as custom fields can't be added
 * ACTION: Sebastian to get Kat photos of the auditorium/rooms for the photo policy
  * Tom: This may help - https://www.flickr.com/photos/128617711@N04/albums/72157648544597423

 * Updates since last week

 * Updates from Papers Team
   * Kat has gone over the teams and will send out email to team members today or tomorrow
   * Kat is preparing the papers for voting
   * Do the Papers Team have calls?
     * All communications normally happen through email and the paper team usually has no calls

 * Email from UoM - would like to improve the online perception of the university
   * Would like to be presented as GUADEC co-organisers in social media
   * Additional badges?!? (Ask Kristi to clarify) I am not sure what you mean with more badges but just to be
more clear I am forwarding the email.
   * Something about sponsorship? UOM have already sent a large number of sponsorship requests to local
sponsors (greek version). They are asking if we would like them to ask more sponsors
   * ACTION: Kristi to forward email from UoM about what they would like from us regarding promoting them
     * Bullet points of the email to have a general view on what's needed:
     * Would like to inprove the online presentation of the University of Macedonia as much as possible,
seeing that the conference will take place at the University premises. This will also enable them to better
promote the Conference to all those interested in participating, both inside and outside the University
campus.
     * More info about the city of Thessaloniki needed by us from them?
     * Additional questions:
       * Which date exactly will the registration option open for participants?
       * Regarding the excursions/tours and gala dinner options; will there be a special section on the
website for these and if so will we need the related info to be in a specific form? I.e, I am preparing
google forms for all excursions/tours offered: will this format be compatible with our webpage tools?

 * Telegram channel
   * Kristi suggested a telegram channel for organisers as a backup for when Matrix or IRC fails (Kristi has
been having issues with receiving messages)
   * Concerns of team splitting over two protocols
   * ACTION: We'll try to help Kristi debug issues over chat and will revisit topic if that doesn't work out

 * Meeting time for next week
   * Kristi to send out meeting poll for next week