[guadec-list] GUADEC report week 21

Hi all

This is my weekly summary of what I did with regards to GUADEC
organizing. There are nine weeks left until the conference!

* Monday conference call; minutes are here:
  <https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2017/Meetings/20170522>

* Emails:
  * Received an invite letter from the University
  * Update from Visit Manchester on hotel bookings -- none received so
    far, the deadline for the fixed rates is 29th June and we need to
    make sure that people who want to use this service are aware of
    that.
  * Mailed some people at Uni. of Manchester CS dept. who have agreed
    to promote GUADEC in their weekly newsletter.
  * Other misc. bits

* Collected 100 city maps from Visit Manchester that we can give away on
  the registration desk. They are large! (Foldable into leaflets I guess).

* News:
  * Announced the party on the website:
    https://2017.guadec.org/2017/05/25/gnomes-20th-anniversary-celebration-in-manchester/
  * Drafted a post listing the various deadlines for accommodation and
    registration to put out next month.

* Poster:
  * Some more discussions.

* Printing:
  * Received quote back. £200 for 5 roller banners, 3 days notice.
    Posters around £5.

* Press:
  * Agustin Benito can help out with inviting press contacts
    from https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2017/Press

* Registration:
  * Improved how receipts work:
    <https://github.com/puiterwijk/regcfp/pull/211>

* Schedule:
  * Discussion of whether some more talks can be included.

* Video:
  * Updated https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2017/Video -- Alexandre
    pointed out there's no line level input, only a mic input.

I'm on holiday next week with little to no access to email. Back on
Monday 5th June.

Sam