Re: [guadec-list] 20th Birthday Logo | Feedback needed

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 4:38 PM, Nuritzi Sanchez <nuritzis gmail com> wrote:
IIRC, putting them in own cloud makes them only accessible to people who have
an account / are foundation members. I think there's a setting to make files
public, but I'm not sure how to do it. I'll try to fiddle around with the settings
once I have time.

Files by default are not shared at all (just like on Google Drive or
Dropbox) and you can share them with a specific group/user (which
requires membership) or publicly (again, just like Google Drive).

Once your file is sent to owncloud, browse to it through the web
interface and click on the sharing icon next to it (three dots linked
by two lines). There just check the box for public link and you’ll
have a URL to share.

Once the assets are ready for use, I'll for sure use owncloud. For now, if anyone
else has time to put these prototypes on owncloud, feel free.

That’s a bit of a catch 22: in order to not use Google Drive, one has
to get the files from Google Drive.

What I really need is quick feedback on these since the designer is working on them
some more today.

That is not relevant. You could have had that same feedback with any
hosting platform.

I was going to just embed the images in the email but thought the
email would be too large.

Yes, putting them online was the correct choice.

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker & Foundation Director