Re: [guadec-list] Proposal for a Women's Dinner at GUADEC 2017

Hey Nuritzi,

Nuritzi Sanchez <nuritzis stanfordalumni org> wrote:
After looking at Plans A - D on that page, I propose the following:

Friday:
- Plan A: games and picnic in the park

Saturday:
- 20th Bday Party

Sunday:
- Plan B: football game and dinner (could plan football directly after GUADEC closes, then dinner around 20:00. The women's dinner would be an option at that time)

AND

- Plan D: pub/drinks at night (could start around 22:00)

 I know there were issues booking venues though. Could you please add any information about issues we're hitting into the wiki page? Maybe we can help brainstorm alternatives.

Activities in a public park aren't possible in Manchester, unfortunately.

> How: Perhaps we can have a place at the venue that lists the social events
> happening throughout the conference? This would allow other groups to give
> exposure to their events and would also allow people who are new to
> GUADEC/didn't see the announcement about a women's dinner before to sign up.

There will be a notice board by the reception desk so putting up
posters there would work. If we know about the events in advance we
can also announce them during the opening and/or closing talks.

Could we have a whiteboard or large poster with all of the social events in one place so that groups don't have to make their own posters?

I'm hoping that we'll be able to have some kind of noticeboard near the information desk, and I'm maintaining a list of notices to have on there. It includes details of the social events:

https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2017/Printing

Allan