Re: [guadec-list] Proposal for a Women's Dinner at GUADEC 2017

Hi Nuritzi,

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 11:15 PM, Nuritzi Sanchez
<nuritzis stanfordalumni org> wrote:
I was hoping to help organize the annual women's dinner at GUADEC this year
and wanted to be mindful of some of the feedback we received last year, and
also see if this year's GUADEC team would be able to help us with some
on-the-ground logistics.
Re: logistics:
@GUADEC team - do you have a suggestion for when to host the dinner? I
forget what the social activities calendar you already have looks like.

It's probably best for it to be on the core days right? The main event
(20th birthday) is Saturday, so that leaves Friday or Sunday.

There will be events on both those nights too so but we've not
finalized what they are yet. We hope that the Friday events will be a
good way for people who've not been to the conference before to get to
know each other, so perhaps Sunday is better for the womens' dinner to
avoid anyone missing out on things on the Friday.

The social events are being planned here:
https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2017/SocialEvents/

How: Perhaps we can have a place at the venue that lists the social events
happening throughout the conference? This would allow other groups to give
exposure to their events and would also allow people who are new to
GUADEC/didn't see the announcement about a women's dinner before to sign up.

There will be a notice board by the reception desk so putting up
posters there would work. If we know about the events in advance we
can also announce them during the opening and/or closing talks.

Sam