Re: [guadec-list] Self introduction

Hi everybody. I will be available tomorrow i think. I'm right now at the airport and flights are getting delayed.

Cheers

El 30 ene. 2017 13:15, "Allan Day" <allanpday gmail com> escribió:
On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 11:57 AM, Sam Thursfield <ssssam gmail com> wrote:
Hi all

I had a look at the website this morning, & the design is prettier now
but we have lost some info from the front page. We definitely need:

1. The dates -- we should have them as the first thing people see
(without needing to scroll)

2. The talk submissions deadline (Sunday 23rd April 2017)

Yes, the website was deliberately left in an incomplete state on Friday.

Oliver / Allan do you have time to fix these? Or should I have a go?

I have some ideas for how to fix them from a design point of view. I haven't tried modifying the site myself yet, though.

Other than that, it's quite a clean design. Here are some other
points, I don't think we need to solve these necessarily before making
an announcement that links to the website though:

- the text is quite small at the default size, at least in Firefox. I
have to zoom in the page to make it readable

Sure, let's make it a bit bigger.

- the "accommodation" & "travel" pages are not well advertised, I
think people could miss them. Since the "Manchester, United Kingdom"
text links to the "location" page, I've added links to the other pages
from that one.

I'll have a think about how to make the links more prominent at the top.

- I don't think the front page makes it clear what the conference
actually is. I think anyone outside the existing GNOME community will
be a bit nonplussed by an event described as "The largest get together
of GNOME users, developers, foundation leaders, individuals,
governments and business in the world."

Yes, it was on my mind that we need to work on this. It comes down to which groups we want to target and having messaging for each one. It would help to have discussion about this.

Allan