[guadec-list] Minutes of meeting 2017-02-16

Core team meeting 2017-02-16, in Google Hangout

== Present ==

 * AllanDay
 * AlbertoRuiz
 * SamThursfield

== Absent ==

 * JavierJardon

== Actions ==

 * Alberto to contact Linux Format & Linux Action Show
 * Alberto to work with Neil on sponsor search
 * Allan to contact engagement team about birthday party
 * Allan to check if the Foundation is willing to sign
   sponsor contracts, or if we need to set up an entity here
 * Sam to invite Lene to next meeting (done)
 * Sam to keep pushing for registration to open, Allan
   to provide input on design
 * Sam to contact Kate about next accommodation payment,
   and viewing The Shed (done)

Separate registration to-do list:
https://etherpad.gnome.org/p/guadec-reg-todo

== Meeting summary ==

=== Registration ===

Progress good, still need to solve:

 * identity server integration
 * design & layout issues
 * whether we should include statistics
 * deployment to registration.guadec.org

=== Announcement / promotion / outreach ===

We should focus on internet promotion first as international people
need to book travel well in advance usually.

UK wide promotion slightly later (but at least 3 months in advance...
so by May).

Ideas:

  * Linux Format magazine -- Alberto to contact
  * Linux Action Show -- Alberto to contact (has tried once)
  * http://www.lug.org.uk
  * Local coworking spaces -- a poster would be good for this
  * University cs depts -- poster would be good
  * Local computer shops -- a leaflet/poster

=== Contacting previous contributors ===

We want to invite previous contributors to the 20th birthday party
event.

How do we identify who to contact?

 * Start with Foundation Emeritus members:
   https://wiki.gnome.org/MembershipCommittee/EmeritusMembers
 * Then look further afield

We need more details about the event; but the venue depends on
sponsorship partly so hard to include a location in the invite.
We could pick a venue and see if the Foundation will agree to
guarantee the funds in the case that we don't get a sponsor for it.

We should get the Engagement Team involved here.

Lene has done some event planning & could join one of our meetings

=== Sponsorship brochure ===

We have 1 sponsor already who have asked for details of events they
could sponsor.

What options are there?

 * birthday party
 * snacks & drinks
    * during the bofs
    * during the core days
 * "swag", i.e. conference bags
 * raffle prizes -- we already have an offer of some devices that we
   could raffle off
 * ice cream van (and/or waffles :-)

We should tie this down soon so we can put it in the brochure.

=== Sponsor contract ===

The Foundation will have a contract used in previous years.

Who is the agreement with? We don't have a legal entity here.

 * We could set one up ... apparently it's easy, and we did most of
   the work already to get a bank account
 * Could the Foundation itself sign?

=== Next accommodation deposit ===

Due end of February. Maybe we can extend, since we've not been able
to take any accommodation bookings due to registration not being open?

=== Keynotes ===

Sam contacted 1 person so far, no response.

=== Unconference days ===

We need to (re)visit The Shed in person to plan how these will work a
bit better.

== Next meeting ==

Next meeting will be Monday 20th February at 18:00 in
<https://meet.jit.si/guadec2017>.