Re: [guadec-list] Training workshops at GUADEC

Hi!

On 2016-01-27 14:54, Benjamin Berg <benjamin sipsolutions net> wrote:
On Mi, 2016-01-27 at 13:04 +0100, Lasse Schuirmann wrote:
I love the idea. I think we should definitely do that even if there
is almost or no revenue because I see great potential for knowledge
exchange within the community here. Having some good introduction for
interns and interested newcomers is a really good thing IMO.
For some people it might be relevant to get some kind of
"certificate" that they have knowledge, I guess that would also
influence willingness of employers to pay.

I guess that basically means writing up a nice letter/certificate and
getting it signed by the GUADEC organization and the individual doing
the workshop?

That's what has been done at GNOME.Asia in the past.

I have done some introductions to git and GNOME inspired Workflows,
maintaining projects properly in two universities recently and people
seemed to like it. I could think of turning this into a workshop if
there is demand.

Yeah, something like a GIT and maybe FOSS basics workshop would be
great to see!

I'd be happy to help plan and deliver these. I can only do them in English, so some German speakers might be good too (hi Lasse!)

--
http://amigadave.com/