Re: [guadec-list] Recording speakers at GUADEC

Hi,

just a note in case people haven't realized. The fundamental difference
between a photo policy and video recording are the contractual
partners. In the video recording case it is a contract/agreement
between the recorded party and the organization to use the recording. A
photo policy allowing further distribution requires an agreement
between two third parties who do not have a direct legal contract.

I have wondered about this for a while but I have serious doubts that a
photo policy that isn't explicitly "opt-in" can be legal in Germany.

Benjamin