Re: [guadec-list] GUADEC 2016: length and schedule

Andreas Nilsson <lists andreasn se> wrote:
I've added a version 2 here, one that doesn't stretch as far into the night:
https://etherpad.gnome.org/p/schedule_sketches

This ends up at 22 30-minute talks, running from 10:00 to 18:00.
However, it cuts interns lightning talks and team presentations.
I see no other way of doing it without shorter talks and cutting those
sessions.

This would save the slots for those who actually volunteered to talk. Any
interns or team members who want to present, can still use the regular talk
or lightning talk slots.

It might be OK to drop two talks or a keynote in order to free up
space for team presentations, if we decide that they are something we
want to keep.

I do think that intern's lightning talks are an important part of the
schedule. If we were going to cut one of the lightning talks, I'd cut
the regular non-intern one.

From my perspective, these experiments do demonstrate that the
schedule could be cut down to two days, assuming that we're prepared
to do without some things like one of the lightning talk, shorter
presentations, and few presentations or no team reports. That still
leaves the wider question of whether two or three days is better from
other perspectives, of course, but it certainly helps to clarify the
issues.

Thanks Andreas!

Alan