Re: [guadec-list] [travel] Invitation letter to GUADEC

Hi Emily,

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 2:12 PM, Oliver Propst <oliver propst gmail com> wrote:
On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 8:47 AM, Emily Chen <emilychen522 gmail com> wrote:
People from China is asking for invitation letter to attend GUADEC, it
usually take weeks to get visa to European.

Who is helping on the GUADEC visa letter ?

If I understand things correctly Srinivasa Ragavan [1] [2] have agreed
to coordinate Visa Letters. We in the local team should probably do
more efforts in reaching out him about this.

Yes, I volunteered to prepare/send visa invitation to the attendees.

Can also mention that the CEO of FFKP, the organization in Sweden that
will act as a legal organizer of the conference (if the foundation
board agrees to the terms and sign a contract) have agreed to the sign
the Visa Letters.

I haven't yet got in touch with the Sweden organisation, for the
signature approval or format approvals. Ill start that asap.

Thanks Emily for paying attention to the situation around the Visa
Letters, we will hopefully have more updates to share soon.

Note that on the last local team meetings Visa Letters have been a
standing agenda item so news about Visa Letters is made public when we
publish the meeting notes, which we do on the GUADEC 2015 wiki [3].

Basically the process last time was:

If you are approved by travel-committee for sponsorship or if you are
a foundation member or an accepted speaker, you will be issued a
invitation letter. For all other exceptions the board needs to vote
(+4) on it.

I prepare 2 documents:
1. Visa invitation letter with the digital signature of the CEO of the
Sweden organization
2. For people who are sponsored by GNOME foundation, sponsorship
document with the digital signature of the Foundation President.

This was the process followed last time and AFAICS sure this holds
good this time too.

Thanks,
-Srini.

1 https://wiki.gnome.org/SrinivasaRagavan