Re: [guadec-list] [travel] Invitation letter to GUADEC

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 8:47 AM, Emily Chen <emilychen522 gmail com> wrote:
People from China is asking for invitation letter to attend GUADEC, it
usually take weeks to get visa to European.

Who is helping on the GUADEC visa letter ?

If I understand things correctly Srinivasa Ragavan [1] [2] have agreed
to coordinate Visa Letters. We in the local team should probably do
more efforts in reaching out him about this.

Can also mention that the CEO of FFKP, the organization in Sweden that
will act as a legal organizer of the conference (if the foundation
board agrees to the terms and sign a contract) have agreed to the sign
the Visa Letters.

Thanks Emily for paying attention to the situation around the Visa
Letters, we will hopefully have more updates to share soon.

Note that on the last local team meetings Visa Letters have been a
standing agenda item so news about Visa Letters is made public when we
publish the meeting notes, which we do on the GUADEC 2015 wiki [3].

1 https://wiki.gnome.org/SrinivasaRagavan
2 https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2015/Team
3 https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2015
--