Re: [guadec-list] gender field in registration system

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 1:07 PM, Marina Zhurakhinskaya
<marinazik gmail com> wrote:

We will not publish gender data. It will only be used for
attendee statistics and for an invitation to the women's dinner.

Can you try and handle this better than last year please? There were two issues.

First, at least one person was contacted that wasn't interested in the
women's dinner. I'd need to check, but I'm not even sure she actually
filled in the field as "female" (she may have left it blank), so there
could have been some guesswork on your side. Anyway there should be a
way to opt out of the invitation, or better yet the invitation should
be opt in and separate from the field.

The second issue was that, if I recall correctly, you sent an email
with all the invited people in the To or CC field. The consequence is
that if you're not interested in the dinner, people keep you in the
list of recipients and you keep getting email about something you have
no interest in.

All of this is from memory and I have no quick way to check my facts.
I'm sorry if I got parts wrong, but I think this are details you
should pay attention to.

Cheers.

--
Alexandre Franke