[guadec-list] Bid proposal for Rome GUADEC - INFO REQUEST

Hi all!

I'm writing this email to get some very preliminary info about the opportunity to host a GUADEC event in Roma, presumably in summer 2016.

The core team GNOME side should be represented by me and Luca Ferretti (RT member) and we would work in partnership with Codemotion [1], the Company I'm currently employed for.

Codemotion organizes the biggest tech conference in Italy and Spain, and we are very disposed to setup a GUADEC in Rome, so please consider I'm writing also on their behalf.

I read and share to Mara (my boss - who reads us in CC) Wiki , How-to and Guidelines [2][3][4], but there are some issues concerning mostly fundraising and expenditures we should tackle:

In detail, we do need to know, if possibile:

  • The total sponsorship import gathered from each sponsor
  • The total import of all sponsorships
  • How is the total sponsorship import gathered shared between Foundation and Organizers?
  • A detail expenditures voices report (have an idea of the costs of the organization)
  • Which expenses are covered by Foundation and which by Organizers?
  • Which is generally the import of sponsorships that local organizers manage to collect?
  • Is there a GUADEC  financial statement related to previous editions that we can check?
  • Are there some defined obligations between Foundations and Organization?
  • What is the sponsorship import attended for GUADEC 2015 (if a prevision exists?)
  • Who is in charge to contact and deal with big international sponsors (Red Hat Google, Canonical..)
Hope to see you all in Rome in 2016!

Cheers,

Flavia

[1] Codemotion Main website: www.codemotionworld.com