Re: [guadec-list] Keynote speakers brainstorming

How about Michael Larabel? He gave an interesting talk on Wayland at our Chicago GNOME meeting a few months ago. He's also part of the Fedora community, a free software activist, and a GNOME supporter.

Meg
On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 12:59 PM, Karen Sandler <karen gnome org> wrote:
On Wed, May 22, 2013 9:20 am, Andreas Nilsson wrote:
> On 2013-05-22 00:07, Karen Sandler wrote:
>> On Tue, May 21, 2013 1:40 pm, Dave Neary wrote:
>>
>>> In short, we will have plenty of community members talking to each
>>> other
>>> - even in the keynotes. I see one or two keynotes per year when we
>>> choose not to navel gaze or preach to the choir to be a good thing.
>> I agree that I'm not a great choice, but I'm always here as a back up
>> option, especially if someone flakes out at the last minute :D
>>
>> What about Cathy Malmrose? I think it would be really interesting
>> hearing
>> from a GNU/Linux focused hardware manufacturer, especially someone
>> independent like Zareason...
> Sounds nice with a talk from a OEM that actually ships a lot of GNOME
> systems. Found a FOSDEM talk from her:
> https://fosdem.org/2013/schedule/event/uefi_secureboot/
> On a totally different note, David Eaves (http://eaves.ca). His "The
> Science of Open Source Community Management" talk is pretty awesome, so
> everyone should see it regardless :)
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvteDoRSRr8

We invited him last year, but he had personal conflicts. I could poke him
and see if he's free this year.

karen