Re: [guadec-list] Media Partner

On Mon, Jul 08, 2013 at 07:39:26PM +0200, Robert Kratky wrote:
Lets put matters in perspective. LWN has covered GUADEC in the past,
and are likely to do so again this year. They come and silently do
their job without asking for much in return.

The Czech media have not asked for anything. It was GUADEC who wanted them
for partners. They were not the ones who set the terms of the partnership.

It is not the Czech media that we are primarily talking about
here. The bone of contention is how to deal with the new set of
reporters that want to partner with us.

Personally, I value LWN more than even the 3 Czech media outlets, but
since GUADEC is in Brno, I think it is good to have some coverage in
the local media.

Cheers,
Debarshi

--
Life is like bein' on a mule team.  Unless you're the lead mule, all
the scenery looks about the same.