Re: [guadec-list] Keynote speakers brainstorming

On 2013-04-03 12:18, Rui Tiago Cação Matos wrote:
Hi,

let's get the keynote speakers discussion started so that we have time
to invite people.

On this week's meeting several possible candidates were suggested:

a) Sumanah or Sue Gardner from Wikimedia;
b) Chris DiBona from Google;
c) Ryan Gordon (icculus) who has ported several games to Linux;

Please comment add your suggestions!
So one question that have been floating around in my head the last couple of days is how well these speakers (and others suggested in the thread) align with the main topics of the conference.
Do the proposed keynote speakers map directly to the topics, or is the selection supposed to be more "fun and inspiring"?
The list below is copy&paste from guadec.org:
  • Design of the core user experience (core applications, shell, toolkit)
  • Design of the developer experience (tools, documentation, services)
  • Integration and extension of the operating system plumbings into the core UX
  • Application development and deployment
  • Integration of web technologies into the GNOME user experience
  • Improving the user experience on different form factors
  • Outreach to new contributors
  • Organization and governance of the project
- Andreas