Re: [guadec-list] Kim Goodwin as keynote?

On Wed, 2012-11-28 at 21:21 +0100, Dave Neary wrote:

> Should I count Bastien's feedback as an objection? He seems to think
> that it's irrelevant for the GNOME community.

FWIW, my view[1] would be that even if a project ends up only using one
persona, you still need to know how to define that persona, which other
ones to discard along the way and why, and what to do with the one
you've got left once you've defined it :)

If it's true that the core of the GNOME project really is using only one
persona, that's fine. But it still needs to be documented somewhere,
which is an art in itself, for the benefit of new contributors who need
to use it define new scenarios and goals. And then you need to know
*how* to use a persona to write good scenarios and goals. I'd think that
Kim would have worthwhile things to say on both of those topics.

--Calum.

[1] As somebody who most likely won't be there, so add salt to taste...

--
CALUM BENSON                        Interaction Designer
+353 1 803 3807                     Systems Experience Design