Re: [guadec-list] [Reminder] GUADEC committee meeting on 16 January 2012 UTC 16:00

Hi,

Past sponsors not on the advisory board and former advisory board members include the likes of HP, Supersonic Imagine, Fluendo, TI, AMD, Linux Foundation, Lanedo, ACCESS, LiMo, Mandriva (could try Mageia), and Openismus.

Other potential sponsors, related to recent strategic moves, would be Samsung (we would need to make a case for the relevance of GUADEC to Tizen), ST Micro, Freescale, Qualcomm (or QuIC), (for all of these we need to strengthen our ARM story), CodeThink.

Further afield: Bull, Linux Mint, Asus, Acer, Lenovo, Fujitsu, LG, and others who are distributing GNOME somehow.

Typically for sponsors, we have, in the past 2-3 years, preferred a model where we think holistically about how much money we ask companies for during the year, through the board, and have the Executive Director handle these relationships. Stormy did this in the past, and I'm sure she would help Karen out in doing the same again this year.

Cheers,
Dave.