Re: [guadec-list] GUADEC and GNOME.Asia Sponsor Brochure

On 27 February 2012 22:32, Brian Cameron <brian cameron oracle com> wrote:

GUADEC & Gnome.Asia organizers:

Check out the planned 2012 GUADEC brochure[1] and the 2012 GNOME.Asia
brochure will be based on the 2011 one[2].  I notice the following:

+ Does it make sense that the "Terms and Conditions" are so different?

Nope, I agree, the section should be made largely the same.

+ GnomeAsia last year had sponsorship fees of:
 Platinum: $12,000, Gold, $9,000, Silver, $5,500, Bronze $2,800

 GUADEC in 2012 plans sponsorship fees of:
 Platinum: $25,000, Gold: $15,000, Silver $10,000, Bronze: $5,000,
           Supporter: $1,000.

 I wonder if GNOME.Asia should have a "Supporter".

 Does this seem reasonable to people?  So I guess an adboard member
 who wanted to be Platinum sponsors for both events would need to
 donate $67,000 (AdBoard fee is $20,000).  I wonder if that might
 be a bit high to expect adboard members to pay.  Should we have some
 some sort of deal to encourage sponsors to cover both events?

An economically thoughtful idea which is definitely going attract more sponsors and hence better reach. My + for the growth chain.

+ I note that the cover page on both brochures has an outline of the
 hosting city.  The buildings on last year's GNOME.Asia front page are
 buildings from India.  So we probably need to make sure we update the
 graphic to add the Hong Kong skyline.

This is something which is definitely not going to go unnoticed! We should also get some nice promotional clips from Haggen too in the meeting today.

+ In general, we probably should plan to make the GNOME.Asia brochure a
 bit more similar to the graphic layout of the GUADEC brochure.  For
 example, perhaps the graphic for explaining the sponsorship packages
 should be used.

I wonder if it might be good to combine the GUADEC and GNOME.Asia
brochures into the single Bi-Annual report.

Truly. This would be a healthy way to provide more directed impetuous to GNOME in Asia. It's just the 5th year for the event and it has way much to learn from GUADEC.
In general, Asia undoubtedly is a larger and more diversified continent and making roots here it would require more efforts, time and supervision in the beginning but a little love now, would result in extracting a stronger support for GNOME from tonnes of new businesses mushrooming all over the continent. If sponsoring GUADEC provides an organization, visibility of around 500 guests, sponsoring GUADEC would get them visibility no less than three times of it. More awareness among individuals would mean, GNOME community becoming more international and hence stronger with high-spirited representatives of culturally varied societies but having the same aptitude and inclination.

Thoughts?

Brian

---

[1]
http://upload.williamfromtexas.com/download/Sponsor_Brochure_draft2.pdf
[2]
Planned 2012 GNOME.Asia brochure will be based on the 2011 one:
https://live.gnome.org/GnomeAsia/2011Summit?action="">AttachFile&do=get&target=GNOME.Asia2011_CallforSponsors.pdf