Re: [guadec-list] Keynote thoughts

On 02/09/2012 06:38 PM, Dave Neary wrote:
Sometimes I've missed the theme, but I've always been thinking about
exposing the GNOME community to something outside their comfort zone.
Also, I like to invite keynotes from not too far away, if possible -
European, or even Spanish, speakers would be cool. There was a TEDx in
Galicia a few months ago - anyone know if any of those speakers are both
good & relevant?

Well, I think that as a GNOME user and developer, the important thing is how far outside the comfort zone we're talking about :)

I didn't attend that TEDx event but I know someone who did so I'll ask him about once I get a chance but from what I had been told nothing that relevant was presented there (relevant for GNOME/Free Software, that is).

As for Jon Maddog Hall, as I mentioned before probably an interesting thing he could talk about which is not directly related to GNOME is Project Cauã [1], a project whose purpose is to create jobs in Brazil using Free Software.

[1] http://www.projectcaua.org/content/about-project-cau%C3%A3

Joaquim Rocha